A Digging Entity/ Contractor is an entity that carries out Digging/Excavation/Construction works.
- Construction works means works usually undertaken by a person carrying on business as a contractor in the construction industry or as a professional construction or structural engineer relating to the construction, reconstruction, extension, renovation, alteration, demolition or repair of any building, road, railway, bridge, flyover, sewer or sewage works any soil investigation works
- Digging works means any works for or relating to the laying, inspection, repairing or re-newing of any mains, pipes, cables, fittings or other apparatus.
- Excavation works means any act of excavating earth, rock or other material, the driving or sinking of any earth rod, casing or tube into the ground, boring, dredging, jacking, levelling, piling or tunneling on or under any premises, road or street by any mechanical means (by whatever means) e.g uprooting of trees
How to use the system as a Digging Entity/ Contractors
- Register through filling the online form and submitting it a long with a cover letter to UCC physically at their office in Bugoloobi or through email email@example.com
- If approved, you will receive formal communication from the UCIIEP team via email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Digging entity/ Contractor will then be able to send out messages to infrastructure owners with underground assets in areas of planned civil works.
- The Digging entity/ Contractor and infrastructure owners establish a direct contact to protect underground assets, either by exchanging maps or via other means (for example, by requesting infrastructure owners to participate in excavation works in order to show or mark their underground infrastructure on site).