Type Approval Application
Processing of Applications for Type Approval
Type Approval is the process by which Communications Equipment that meets the minimum technical requirements specified by the Commission, is authorized by the Commission to be sold, distributed, imported or used in Uganda. The process of type approval is intended to ensure that radio communication and telecommunication equipment complies with a set of national and international regulatory standards and requirements.
2. Type Approval Application Processing Procedure in Uganda
- An application shall be made through the online portal at https://eservices.ucc.co.ug/ and all associated required documents shall be uploaded.
- Account Registration procedure
- As a first-time user you may follow the steps below to submit applications or if already registered, ignore steps a and b:
- Click on the link; https://eservices.ucc.co.ug/ or copy paste the link onto your browser address bar,
- First time registration – Register your email address and password,
- Login in as the applicant with your registered login credentials,
- Populate the type approval application form,
- Attach the supporting documents,
- Submit the application,
- You will receive an acknowledgement of receipt once the application is successfully submitted,
- You will receive periodic updates by email and/or through user account updates in the portal on the progress of your application.
3. An application shall be reviewed and if found satisfactory, the applicant shall be invoiced, and the certificate shall be issued after payment of the applicable fees.
4. Applications forms
5. Fees structure
According to the Commission Fees structure, the applicable fees for Type Approval are summarized in Table 2 below.
Table 2: Applicable Fees for Type Approval
|SN||Description||Fees In USD Per Annum (Unless Stated)|
|1.||Application processing fee||20|
|2.||VSAT type approval||20|
|3.||Telecom Network subsystem||150|
|4.||Telecom Base station subsystem||625|
|5.||Media Gateway subsystem||1500|
|6.||Radio equipment <10 watts||100|
|7.||Radio equipment 11 - 25 watts||200|
|8.||Radio equipment 26 - 50 watts||300|
|9.||Radio equipment 51 - 100 watts||500|
|10.||Radio equipment >100 watts||1000|
|15.||Mobile TV, IDTV||200|
|16.||TV & Radio Broadcast Equipment||200|
|17.||Community Broadcast Equipment||150|
6. Additional Information
The Commission has noted an increase in importation of walkie-talkies/radio calls prior to obtaining approvals. To avoid inconveniences, the Commission wishes to inform the public to have all equipment type approved before importing, installing and operating in Uganda.