The applicant for Distribution, Exhibition and Exhibition premises licenses shall meet the following requirements:
- Submit an application letter for either a distributor/Exhibitor or/an Exhibition Premises License to the Commission/UCC) in writing.
- Provide a copy of Certificate of Incorporation/Registration of Business name
- Provide a Certified true copy of Memorandum of Understanding and Articles of Association (for only National and Regional Operators)
- Provide a Business plan (for only National and Regional Operators)
- Submit Fire Service Certificate (for only exhibition premises/viewing halls)
- A copy of agreement with the distributor (for only National and Regional Exhibitors)
- Provide health suitability certificate/letter from the local authorities in the area where the exhibition's premises/view hall are located
- Evidence of payment of application processing license fees as specified below;
- Proof of ownership of the premises or a copy of the agreement with the owner of the premises if rented;(Only applicable to exhibition premises),
- Signed Undertaking of the Distributors or Exhibitors as outlined in the Guidelines for Film distribution and exhibition,
- Completed UCC prescribed application forms,
- Publication of successful applicants by the Commission, and,
- All distributors registered and licensed by the Commission shall apply and obtain a release certificate for each visual-audio film and video works intended for commercial distribution within Uganda.
ISSUANCE AND OR/DENIAL OF THE LICENCE
For all first time applicants for licenses of film distribution and film exhibition services, a provisional license will be issued for a period of one year to allow the operator time to align with the UCC licensing conditions. After that one year with proven compliance, a five-year license will be issued and shall be renewable annually.